Monday, July 2, 2012

7/2/2012 Always some kind of excitement.

Today was another day that I shut off the alarm, I just wasn't ready to get up at no 6 am. My body still wanted to sleep, so of course I dozed back off and then woke up at 7 a.m. Oh my I didn't have much time before I had to leave, not that I was going to meet anyone, its just the fact that I hate riding when it's hot I struggle more.  When I got out of bed and took those first few steps I knew it was going to be a rough ride. Not because I was sore, but for some reason my knees hurt.  They right knee was the worse, It just felt as though there was an abundant amount of pressure in there I guess like a fluid build up pressure.  I contemplated for a minute about just staying home but then the reminder of doing miles on the stationary bike was my final push there was no way I wanted to do that again!

I figured I would have to take the detour this morning because I figured they would be doing construction on the trail, but when I arrived there they weren't, which made my life 2 less miles better. The ride the first half was pretty quiet as usual, just the usual bunnies, beavers, chipmunks and the birds chirping, oh yeah I did see one of those cats again. I made it to Kirk Rd 3 minutes faster then last time which to me was pretty good considering I was so sore.  But from Kirk Rd to the end of the trail I struggled big time.  My muscles were becoming more and more sore by the minute, for a brief second I almost didn't think I was going to be able to complete this journey today.  Guess riding almost 120 miles in three days was alot harder then I thought.

Once I made it to the end of the trail, I stopped for a brief second to take a cliff shot because I was hungry, I didn't eat breakfast again.  Shame on me!  Well atleast I would have some form of energy to continue my 17 miles back home.  I was about 2 miles into my ride back and I see this big black thing moving around by the trail.  I instantly start freaking out, the bear sightings this year have been bad.  My heart was going 1000 miles a minute, what am I going to do? I slowed down my pace considerably and start inching closer down the trail, I slowly reach for my ipod to snap a picture as I am debating what the hell I am going to do.  Now mind you I am about a 1/4 of a mile away from this and still inching forward very slowly, why? I have no clue because if it's a bear will it maul me, or if it runs into the woods when I get closer am I just going to put my feet to the pedal and go as fast as I possibly can? As I reach for the ipod slowly, I look back up and I am about a tenth of a mile from it, when i realize it's just a bigger guy in all black. I busted up laughing to myself, wow. I am starting to believe I need to see a doctor for my paranoia at this point.  But thanking the good Lord that it was a person and not a bear.  I know, I am one goofy lady!

My journey continues at a much faster pace now, maybe it was the rush of adrenaline or maybe it was the fact that the trail was declining.. who knows.  My ride was pretty nice on the way home.  It got to the point on the way home that I thought I was just going to have to give in an call Jim to come get me, my legs were cramping alot, I don't know why because I eat like a horse now that I am doing all these miles, but they just really hurt.  I tried to take my mind off of things with music on my ipod, but I just couldn't.  It was hard, I could of slowed down my pace to, but I didn't want to, I was trying to beat my time from yesterday.  With Ashley creaming me with her times lately, I felt I needed to turn my training up a notch and push myself faster and harder. I don't want her to feel that I am holding her back on this trip. Anyways, You ever get in that state of mind when you kind of zone out of reality, like you know your riding a bike, but you zone out into lala land, not paying attention to anything, like your here but your not?  Well that was me, if you know what I mean.  I was so deep into this trantz and all of a sudden  I hear this voice say, "Passing on your left" I screamed so loud and almost fell off my bike, talk about coming back into reality... holy crap is all i can say, the guy chuckled a bit then apologized for scaring me.  It's my own fault, I should of been tuned into reality. My oh my I am really starting to think I need some help..

The rest of my ride to the Niles trailhead was quiet and peaceful.  I was thankful for that.  I stopped at the trailhead and called my husband to check in.  He was having computer issues and wasn't in a good mood, but I can't blame him it's one thing after another anymore.  but thats a whole other story, anyways I asked him if he could make me one of those salads again and he said he would.  So I hung up and yeah smoked a cig before finishing my journey home.  Yeah I know, I shouldn't smoke but I did and then headed on home. 

Standing there with my bike, there are these two guys riding in this convertable car who beep and wave at me.. They must of thought I was someone else. because who beeps at a lady with a helmet and sweaty and nasty looking.  So I go down the sidewalk and am just about to stop at the cross walk and a landscaping truck beeps and waves!  Nice, two beeps in a few minutes, either I have something seriously wrong or this bike riding is toning me up.. lol anyways i suppose it's a nice ego booster.  Guess at 33 I still don't look to shabby.. lol

Just like yesterday As i rounded the corner from Robins Avenue, the same corner i seen that big bike, I seen a group of people dressed all in black.. figured they were either some kind of church group or landscapers.  I was not sure but they were some kind of working group taking a break in the shade under the trees.  After  I refocused my attention to what was in front of me, there were police and fire trucks and ambulances everywhere at the Macalis Giant Eagle.  The parking lot was vacant, and everyone was evacuated, through all the excitement I forgot to take pictures, I never seen anything like it.  Police blocking the exits and entrances directing traffic.. Still wonder what that was about.

So my journey continued about another mile up the street I was getting ready to go through the intersection and this white truck almost clobbered me, he stopped his truck and said sorry about that. I smiled and said it's okay.  I know for most of you it's not, but atleast he took the time to apologize not many people do that..

Welp that's my excitement for the day.. Seems like there is never a dull moment these days.. Can't wait for the big trip and wondering what Ashley and I will encounter.

Todays mileage was 34.5  which was plenty for me... beat yesterdays time by a little over a minute.. taking the bike in for a tune up, keeps skipping gears and have to get fenders added to it, hopefully they have the fenders, because drinking a mouth full of dirt from your water bottle is just gross. 

I need a rest day anyways, I am beat.  So If i do decide to ride it's me and the stationary bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment