Sunday, July 1, 2012

7/1/2012 solo again

As usual the alarm went off at 6 a.m., I looked at the weather, and decided just to lay there I was still super tired and I was riding solo again, and when you go by yourself it just seems like it's harder to motivate, or maybe it was the fact that I had 40 miles to do, I don't know but I just felt sluggish. So I stayed in bed until 6:50 a.m.  Then I mosied around the house for a bit and headed out the door.

7:22 a.m. began my journey towards Niles, nothing exciting,  I was able to take the trail all through Niles today which sure was nice. They are almost done with the whole path and even extended some spots which was even more of a pleasure for me. The ride was pretty quite, I seen a few cats that made me nervous because they looked like they were in attack mode but they just left me be which was nice.

I made it to the end of the trail in record time for me, or maybe it was the fact I was only carrying 8lbs, or it could of been just the fact that I was trying to get it done because it was boring being by myself. Once again who knows.  I stopped for a brief moment at the end of the trail to take a energy gel pack since I had not eaten any breakfast today, I had an apple and a pear with me, but didn't want to take the time to eat it, I was on a mission to beat my time of 3:37 minutes which was my best time ever doing that many miles.  So on that note I headed back, tried to use my phone to talk, but the wind was just to bad for me to use my bluetooth, so I just turned the music back on and headed back. i always look forward to my ride back because most of the trail declines which helps me tremendously especially since I have 40 miles to do.  When I got back to Kirk I seen my naturopathic doctor running on the trails. Well atleast there was someone I knew.

I realized today while i was on the trail, that there just aren't to many friendly people out there. I do my best to say good morning to everyone I pass.  But some people well they just aren't so nice, or maybe they aren't morning people. Just made me realize what a fast pace world we live in we are all to busy to take the time to say hello or good morning to people. The world would be so much nicer if we could just all get along.. Hey?

The ride back was smooth except for the point when this chipmunk darted out in front of me, I put my brakes on and bearly made the stop, that little guy almost lost his life.  I don't know why they insist on playing chicken on the trail.

I took some pics of this one part of the trail where people spray painted gang signs and  everything, it makes me so bad.  People try to do something nice for the community to be able to use, and other people are so ignorant and feel the need to destroy something. I just don't get it. I mean how would they feel if I came to there home and destroyed there things? They wouldn't, I would probably get beat up or shot. I know the trail isn't mine its the communities, but it just infuriates me that people have such ignorance. I mean they can't even pick up there trash either. They just leave it laying around. I am sorry to rant and rave about this. I feel like I should be the bike police for the trail.. bahahaha





When I made it to the trail head in Niles I called my husband to check in and let him know that I was close to home and told them I was famished and would really love a super big salad with turkey and shredded cheese.  He said he was getting right on it.

As I was riding home I seen the coolest bike ever, it was a bike and on top of that bike was another bike that was welded to the other bike, of course there were no tires on the bike that was on top, but it was so high in the air, i rode thinking how the heck did that guy get up there. I mean it had to be 12 feet in the air no joke.  I told him that was just awesome. He said thanks, didn't think to grab a pic until i was already past him. That dude was not even wearing a helmet, which brings me to the question what the heck would he do if he fell, he would surely get injured. Not to mention, how the heck does he stop. Because when I stop my feet have to touch the ground.  I don't know maybe I will run into him another time and I will have to ask him.

I really struggled the last mile, it took everything I had to make it home, with no food, hot as day out, and all these miles. I wanted so bad to call my husband and tell him to come and get me, but i talked myself out of it just saying one more mile... you can do it.

When I got home there was this beautiful salad waiting for me, i ate it and took about a 20 minute break then hopped on the stationary bike to finsih the 6 miles I had left.  so I had fanastic time today 3 hours 17 minutes for 40.84 miles. 


 Now this is a big salad!



Here are some pics of the Niles green way alot of this was just done last week!








No comments:

Post a Comment